Why install Artificial Turf? The environmental impact is reason alone. Here are some “pros” to installing artifical turf:
- 60% of all water use in the U.S. goes into watering lawns. Artificial turf significantly cuts your water consumption.
- Residential lawns use an average of 10 times more pesticides per acre than farm crops. Pesticides are unnecessary with artificial grass.
- One-third of an acre of grass uses 170,000 gallons of water in a summer. Water conservation is a key proponent.
- Lawn mowers in America use 800 million gallons of gas annually.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, one hour of operating a lawn mower releases the same amount of pollution as driving a car for 20 miles.
- Gas-powered landscape equipment causes 5% of urban air pollution.
- The United Nations says it takes the same amount of water (2.5 billion gallons) to support the world’s population of 4.7 billion people as it does to irrigate the world’s golf courses.
- The state of Nevada provides its residents with rebates of $1 per square foot for giving up their grass.